change the video setting to HD for better details
Hi, here’s a random video on how to wrap onigiri, aka rice balls, like those Japanese convenience stores. The easy-to-pull-away wrapper separates the rice and the seaweed, keeping the seaweed crispy until serving. This technique will make beautifully wrapped onigiri, perfect for your next picnic, work lunch, or as a gift! A few notes on how to do it right:
- Use freshly cooked rice, never day-old, but wait until it’s completely cooled (so the steam doesn’t make the seaweed soggy).
- Use triangle-moulds to make the onigiri.
- Cut the seaweed and allow enough width to cover the sides of the onigiri.
- Cut a piece of parchment that is at least 2X the width of the seaweed.
- The parchment in the video didn’t actually cover the entire inner surface of the seaweed because it wasn’t wide enough. Don’t make the same mistake.
- Label the onigiri and they’re going to be your newest edible gift.